TOP 10 MOST HARDWORKING ARTIST OF 2018
Based on crudemusik.com
statistics for the year 2018
• He started 2018 with much energy as everybody expected much from him because of the extreme success of the single [Dey Dia Dey Wait] that brought him to limelight in Cross River State and Nigeria as a whole.
Youngbone released two official singles – Body Go Tell You & Na Dem Dey Rush Us. Fvck That Shit was also released this year but since its a leak, its unofficial.
Youngbone Emmanuel had numerous features as well as countless events as he performed on different stages within and outside the shores of Nigeria.
Na Dem Dey Rush Us Was nominated for two categories in the just concluded PMFA [Akwa Ibom & CRS]. Youngbone won the award of the best song of the year for Na Dem Dey Rush Us
2 – CHALLEX D BOSS
• He is known for consistency. He has enormous passion for music, that’s why he releases over ten singles annually.
Challex D Boss started the year with a song dubbed confession featuring one of CRS biggest export Real Pee Ajaba. Many singles came through, including Jombolo, Deliver, Economy, Mary Jane and My Story.
Challex D Boss Ofem performed in so many places within and outside the country. He was featured by so many musicians within and outside the state.
He had radio tours and club tours for all his released singles. Challex D Boss was nominated for song of the year in the just concluded Paradise Music Festival and Awards.
So far, this year has made Challex D Boss the most decorated CRS musician, winning over 10 awards this year.
3- TEDDY BANTY
• Singer and producer Teddy Banty has never worked less. As a singer, this year, he started with The Drummer Boy that was immediately followed by a twelve track album.
He has produced for more than 50% of CRS music population including Youngbone, Challex D Boss, Okpo Rekordz Gang, Spydaman, Lowkiz, Real Pee Ajaba and More
Teddy Banty has the credit of bringing one of Calabar most promising act Jazy M to limelight.
Teddy Banty is PFMA music producer of the year for the second time.
4 – Texzy
• He is the most searched [Google] Calabar artist. Texzy is an indigenous rapper and singer, he was formerly a member of the defunct Okpo Rekordz Gang.
With his conspicuous voice, Texzy has gained recognition across all Efik/Ibibio speaking communities.
His songs has been highly viewed and downloaded including : Nyaka, Leg Over, Ekong, Nkita, One More Chance and More.
He has more unreleased jobs that is still held down by his management. Texzy has promised to put out more Records next year. Keep your eyes on Texzy.
5 – Upper X
• Upper X is our all time most hardworking indigenous rapper. Irrespective of the fact that he is the front liner or head of the famous Okpo Rekordz Gang. He tends work for the gang and himself at the same time.
Upper X and Okpo Rekordz gave us back to back hit respectively with the effort of Upper X.
Upper X won the PMFA best rap art of the year. His street credibility is compared to non. We expect more from him in 2019.
To be continued from 6 – 10